Friday, February 29, 2008

top 10 youtube links

Time for another Top 10 list. I've been compiling this for a while, and I think I've finally got a solid list (even though it's hard to ever call it complete because there's new stuff going up every minute). Now, there are kids that I see every day in class that can't imagine a world in which you do not have access to the Internet, but I can't imagine a day when I won't be amazed at this technology. Right? I mean, when's the last time you ran into a problem that couldn't be solved on your computer? Need directions? Not sure where you've seen the dad from Juno before? Want to tell a mother that her son or daughter is going to fail your class without listening to her yell at you? Done and done. And perhaps the crowning achievement of the Internet: YouTube.

So first, a few links that didn't quite make the top 10

HONORABLE MENTION: Muffins, Blake Lewis on American Idol, Matt Damon's Matthew McConaughey Impression, Norm!, Jamie Foxx Roasting Doug Williams Roasting Shaq, 2-Year-Old Tiger, Willie and "The Rainbow Connection", Windows Music, Dorm Room Golf, Honda Commercial

And now for the Top 10 YouTube Clips of All-Time:

10. Cliff on Jeopardy!. I reference this episode of Cheers all the time. Cliff, the know-it-all mailman, builds up a small fortune on his "dream board" (including categories like "Civil Servants" and "Beer"), then blows it in Final Jeopardy. Always sparks an interesting conversation about what would be on your "dream board."

A mailman, Cliff Clavin.

9. "A Better Version of You". A two-man band called Paul & Storm with a dedication to all the first-borns out there. I sometimes sing this one to Charlie at night. Very sweet. (Incidentally, the song doesn't start until the 1:35 mark.)

Maybe this new person won't wet the bed or bug us for candy and toys.

8. The Heaven v. Hell Baseball Game. A clip from the Bob & Tom Show. Honestly, the video part's not that great, but Dan St. Paul's version of the first baseball game ever played is hysterical. (Sara hates how Bob and Tom laugh in the background, but I'm sure it won't bother anyone else. Maybe Stacy.)

Making the roadtrip from hell today are 22 former members of the Islamic terrorist al Qaeda network, and boy do they look surprised!

7. Pachelbel Rant. This is Rob Paravonian, who seems to be a pretty funny guy. Your loser band friends from high school will think it's even funnier than you do.

I don't even go to Taco Bell anymore because it's too close.

6. Caddyshack in a Minute. Another Sara-pleaser. Just kidding. Anyway, a 60-second tribute to the funniest movie of all time. Great stuff.

How about a Fresca?

5. Paris Hilton on Late Night with David Letterman. I'm just now realizing how much Sara is going to hate this list. She hates this particular clip because she thinks that Dave is being mean to Paris, which is precisely why everyone else is going to love it.

What is it you did? Do you know what you did?

4. The Evolution of Dance. Evidently, this is the most viewed clip in YouTube history. So there you go.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

3. The Human Camera. Nothing makes a great YouTube clip like an autistic guy. Not funny, but definitely the most impressive clip on the list.

Stephen Wiltshire has been called "The Human Camera"...

2. Blake. Are you still reading this, dear? This is the movie that I love the most that Sara hates the most: Glengarry Glen Ross. It's based on a Mamet play, but this scene was written specifically for the movie. Alec Baldwin should get a lifetime achievement award for supporting acting.

Put that coffee down.

1. The 90210 Twins. These guys are called the 90210 twins because of this clip, but the one I'm putting on the list is their rendition of the Full House theme. They've got some other great ones too (Mr. Belvidere, Perfect Strangers). Enjoy.

What ever happened to predictability?

Wasn't that a terrific list? I'm quite proud. How much time did you waste? Lots, I bet.

Later gators.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at any of those clips, but I'm guessing I'm going to have the same reaction as the person who shares my DNA.

I love the Cliff Clavin on Jeopardy episode of Cheers, though. Good times.

(PS - My Jeopardy questions would all be totally nerdy. Or, about The Office. I rock at Office Jeopardy, right Alex?.)

Claire said...

That's a terrific list. I love the Pachelbel one, because WORD UP. I hate that damn piece of music.

And coffee's for closers.