Hey, hey! I'm back! And I've been tagged. My buddy Kelly Smith--you probably know her from The Ben Show--has tagged me, which means that I have to make a bunch of Top 5 lists, which you know I love.
First, the rules (and oddly, only two of them...why not five?):
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog. (This may not happen--I'm not an avid reader of other blogs.)
what i was doing ten years ago...
1. Preparing to graduate from dear old Big Foot High. (I would also have accepted "dreading going to college.")
2. Skipping a spring break trip to NYC with our choir so I could stay home and play Palmyra-Eagle in a double-header.
3. Acing the writing portion of the AP English test.
4. Failing miserably on the macroeconomics portion of the AP Economics test.
5. Thinking that I was someday going to be a lawyer.
five things on my to-do list today...
NOTE: Kelly put "Gotta watch the American Idol results show." Are you kidding me? That's on your to-do list? Anyway...
1. Paint the basement floor is on there, but it's crossed off because I just did it. Nice work, Baker.
2. Touch up the paint on the outside windows.
3. Move a bunch of stuff to the storage unit.
4. Clean the bathroom.
5. Clean out the refrigerator.
NOTE: Now, that's what a to-do list looks like, Smith.
five snacks i enjoy...
1. Cookie Dough Concrete Malt (courtesy of Culver's).
2. Pita chips & hummus. (Next time you see me, ask me about a funny story about Charlie and hummus.)
3. Sahale snacks. (You must check these out.)
4. Almond Snickers.
5. Triscuits with cheddar cheese.
five things i would do if i was a billionaire...
1. I too would pay off debts. Student loans, mortgage, etc.
2. I also like Kelly's idea to start a college fund for all of the kids in our family. Excellent work. Were you inspired by Idol Gives Back? Good thing it was on your to-do list.
3. Write a book.
4. Finance the next phase in our church's building plan. (NOTE: I wouldn't demand it, but if they wanted to name it First Presbyterian Church of Alex Baker, I would be okay with that.)
5. Donate to all of the charities that Kelly mentioned because it sounds like she would be quite angry if I did not. (NOTE: For more on sending nets to Africa, read this article by Rick Reilly. Pretty interesting.)
five of my bad habits....
1. I watch The Moment of Truth. (Did you see the interview with the lady who thinks she's a bad person?! The show totally destroyed her marriage. Check it out.)
2. I'm impatient.
3. I like fast food too much. Specifically, Taco Bell.
4. I also spend too much time watching TV when I could be doing more productive things with my time. When Charlie goes down for the night, I can't motivate myself to do anything.
5. I have a hard time saying no, so sometimes I bite off more than I can chew.
five places i have lived....
1. Walworth, WI (born and raised).
2. Ripon, WI (in college).
3. Oshkosh, WI (with Rand and Vicki Erickson while I was student teaching).
4. Appleton, WI (in an apartment while I was long-term subbing at Neenah).
5. Woodstock, IL (now and for the last five years or so).
five jobs i've had....
1. Caddy, Big Foot Country Club. If I'd been older, this could have been a fun job, but I was too immature to be a part of the workforce.
2. Doer of random things, Heyer True Value Hardware. I cleaned things. I organized things. I stocked things. I put things together.
3. Produce department, Sentry. I hated this job. I had surgery on my back halfway through that summer, and I never went back.
4. Intern, Walworth Times. Probably the best non-teaching job I've had. Teri, my editor, was awesome. I think that if I wasn't a teacher, I'd write for a newspaper.
5. Writer, College Relations, Ripon College. I did this all through college. This was also a great job. Fun work and terrific people.
This is where I'm supposed to tag other blogs, but like I said, I don't read any other blogs except Kelly's. Who has the time? I guess I'll have to put it on my to-do list.