They have these Pop Culture Quizzes in Entertainment Weekly (see "top 10 (not) guilty pleasures") every so often, and I enjoy them. However, I rarely know any of the answers because the people at EW find things interesting/relevant/important/etc. that I do not. So I'm making one of my own. Keep your eyes on your own papers. Good luck.
1. In one episode of Seinfeld, Kramer has a small part in a Woody Allen movie. What is his only line? (1 pt.)
a. That's what you think, lady.
b. These pretzels are making me thirsty.
c. I'll have the chowder.
2. Name the actor who speaks the following line, the character that he is playing, and the movie in which the line is spoken. (1 pt. each)
"So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."
3. Fill in the blank in the following line from The Breakfast Club. (1 pt.)
"_____ fall out all the time. The world's an imperfect place."
4. Which of the following is not one of Don Corleone's sons in The Godfather? (1 pt.)
5. In Glengarry Glen Ross, what are the prizes for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place in the sales contest, according to Blake? (1 pt. each)
6. Fill in the blank in the following line from The Daily Show. (1 pt.)
"Here it is, your moment of _____."
7. Name the television actor who regularly speaks the following line, the character that he plays, and the television show in which the line is spoken. (1 pt. each)
"How you doin'?"
8. Which Office Space character speaks the following line: "I'm gonna' have to ask you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too." (1 pt.)
9. In the movie Airplane!, what is the proper response to the following line: "Surely you can't be serious." (1 pt.)
10. Fill in the blank in the following line from Newhart. (1 pt.)
"I'm Larry. This is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother _____."
11. Name the television actor who regularly speaks the following line, the character that he plays, and the television show in which the line is spoken. (1 pt. each)
12. In The Princess Bride, what word is Inigo Montoya talking about when he tells Vizzini, "I do not think it means what you think it means"? (1 pt.)
13. What is the first rule of Fight Club? (1 pt.)
14. Which of the following movies did Mel Brooks not direct? (1 pt.)
a. Blazing Saddles
b. Young Frankenstein
d. Robin Hood: Men In Tights
15. According to Hannibal Lecter, whose liver did he eat with "some fava beans and a nice Chianti"? (1 pt.)
a. his mailman
b. a census taker
c. his attorney
d. his father
16. For which of the following Simpsons characters does Hank Azaria not provide the voice? (1 pt.)
a. Groundskeeper Willie
c. Chief Wiggum
17. In 1999, John Carpenter became the first person to win $1,000,000 on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? because he knew that which U.S. President appeared on an episode of Laugh In? (1 pt.)
a. Jimmy Carter
b. Gerald Ford
c. Richard Nixon
d. Ronald Reagan
18. Name the actor who speaks the following line, the character that he is playing, and the movie in which the line is spoken. (1 pt. each)
"As far back as I could remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster."
19. Which of the following has not been a regular host of Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live? (1 pt.)
a. Dennis Miller
b. Dan Akroyd
c. Norm Macdonald
d. Colin Quinn
20. What number was assigned to the juror played by Henry Fonda in the original movie version of 12 Angry Men? (1 pt.)
That's 25 points possible. Answers tomorrow.