Thursday, March 20, 2008

"no bed!"

Wondering where the title of this entry comes from? Well, walk into my house tonight around midnight, and I'm willing to bet that you're going to hear those words. And they'll be loud. (Don't actually walk into my house around midnight tonight. That would freak me out.) Anyway, Charlie has decided that he doesn't like sleeping. In this way, he's very, very different from his parents. So for the last week, I've been spending anywhere from 1-4 hours awake with my son every night. And I don't think my body liked that, so I got sick and missed a day and a half of school this week. Incidentally, it's the first week of baseball practice and our River of Praise band is preparing for Easter Sunday.

So what's the point? Well, this is my first blog entry of the week, and it's not going to be an especially good one, and I wanted people to understand why. I'll do my best to come up with something tomorrow.

There is one thing that I wanted to include here just so I can clean up my email inbox (I hate having a cluttered inbox). A while back, I came up with a playlist for a hypoethetical CD that I might make for someone, and one of the songs on it was "Nothing Fancy," by Dave Barnes. Well, apparently there's a guy at Razor and Tie, Inc.--these people represent DB--who scans the Internet trying to find people who are writing about DB on their blogs. And he found mine, so he sent me a bunch of stuff--a Dave Barnes poster, Dave Barnes stickers, and, most interestingly, a Dave Barnes promotional CD. What a great idea. I'm sending these people one of Sam's CD's.

Anyway, the only thing he asked in return was that I post some links on my blog. Evidently they have a promotion going for Dave's new album that you can buy CD's/DVD's/t-shirts/etc. on special. So here are the links:

2 CD's & 1 DVD:
http://www.musicspace.com/referral.asp?tracking_id=dbblog&type=P&product

2 CD's, 1 DVD, & 1 t-shirt:
http://www.musicspace.com/referral.asp?tracking_id=dbblogtee&type=P&product=MS2934&partner_id=dbblogtee

I'm a big Dave Barnes fan, so I recommend that you check this out. And if you want a sticker, I'm your man.

Later gators.

No comments: